My range of writing and editing experience means you can be confident that I will help you develop the content you want.
My writing career began in 1990 as a technical writer for Boeing Commercial Airplanes. After leaving Boeing, I did contract technical writing and editing for a number of companies in the Seattle area, including Microsoft, for the rest of 1990s. I wrote and edited user manuals, knowledge base articles, procedures, white papers, and more.
In 1997, I became a licensed massage therapist, and I worked my last tech writing contract in 1999. After taking a break from writing for a few years, I began web content writing in 2003. At first, I wrote for my website to promote my massage practice. Then, I began to offer writing services to others and transitioned to full-time freelance writing in 2009.
Writing clients have included:
- Angie’s List (health articles)
- Colgate (dental articles)
- EBSCO Publishing (book summaries)
- FoodDive.com (feature articles and news briefs about the food industry)
- Gale Cengage Learning (articles for academic databases, such as the International Directory of Company Histories)
- Robert Half International (business and accounting blog posts and ghostwritten articles)
- SpaStandard.com (feature articles related to the business of massage and spa)
- Tree.com (health articles)
- XYZ Media (content for a variety of educational websites, including ones related to accounting, financial planning, engineering, nursing, and business)
- Academic Partnerships (nursing-related articles used by colleges to promote their online nursing programs)
- A food marketing research company (articles about food trends)
- A luxury travel company (internal newsletter article)
I continually update my writing skills through courses with experts. Completed courses include:
- Business blogging with Carol Tice
- Case studies with Casey Hibbard
- Content marketing (with an SEO copywriting session) with Heather Lloyd-Martin
- Email copywriting with Steve Slaunwhite
- Ghostwriting books with Claudia Suzanne
- White papers with Steve Slaunwhite
I enjoy providing concise, readable information that people can use. I’m reliable, professional, and work with you to make sure you get what you want.
Education: Certificate in Technical Writing and Editing, Massage Therapy Certificate, MBA, B.S. Aerospace Engineering