So you want to be a book author?
You have information you want to share with the reading public. You know your topic and its value. Maybe you have a draft written. But you don’t know how to structure a book and make the words sing in a language the average reader understands. Or you just don’t have the time.
I can help. Contact me for a custom quote.
How does the ghostwriting process work?
When you contact me, my first step is to look at your draft, if you have written one. If not, we will have a conversation about your concept and what you want. I’ll need answers to questions like:
- What kind of book do you want to write?
- How long do expect the book to be?
- Who’s the audience for the book?
- Why do you want to write this book?
- What have you done already? Do you have an outline? Or just an idea?
- What’s your time frame?
- Why do you want to hire a ghostwriter?
- What kind of publisher do you plan to pursue? (Finding a publisher or agent is your responsibility. I don’t handle that aspect.) Or do you plan to self-publish?
After we have reached an agreement and signed a contract:
- I create an outline with your input and subject to your approval.
- I conduct and transcribe a series of interviews with you. The number of interviews will depend on how much of a draft you already have written.
- I make sure we have a thesis (the main point you want to get across to the reader) and spin for the primary market for the book. I structure the book.
- I write a draft of the first chapter, send it to you for review, and we go back and forth until you are happy with the content.
- We repeat step 4 for every chapter.
- I write a second draft – this step is the substantive edit where I make sure the focus of the book is on the reader.
- I incorporate any corrections or changes you have to the second draft.
- I line edit the book – this step is where I make sure the language flows in a way that the reader can easily understand and follow.
- I incorporate any corrections or changes you have to the third draft.
- I have the final draft copyedited and proofread by a third party.
- I do a final proofread of the book.
- I send you the completed manuscript.
Please note: I do not ghostwrite fiction or memoirs.