Links to my writing samples are either to the websites where the articles are published or to documents on Google Drive. If you have questions, please contact me.
Choose a topic you want to see:
I’ve had four case study articles published in the trade journal New Nutrition Business:
- Taste fuels growth for Iconic’s clean, low-sugar protein drinks (June 2018)
- Meal delivery service the first to cater to low-FODMAP diet (March 2018)
- Delighted By Hummus creates new category of hummus (February 2018)
- High-fat snacks pioneer a new category (January 2018)
For five months I wrote a weekly feature and five shorter news briefs for the food industry trade website Food Dive. Here are some links:
- If artificial ingredients are out, what’s in for 2016?
- Look out soy, here come peas
- Inside cutting-edge protein alternatives — algae and insect
- Millennials, foodies like it hot: Bring on the spicy
- Tasting fat: Are fatty acids ready for next level?
- Kerry Group: Health and wellness driving food ingredients industry
Since April 2014 I have written, but cannot make publicly available, a monthly food trend article for a major food marketing research company. Ask me if you want more details.
Business, Finance, and Accounting
Small business related posts published at Lendio.com:
- How Many Federal Reserve Rate Increases Can We Expect In 2018?
- Women-Only Coworking Spaces Are Popping Up Everywhere
- See more on my Lendio Author Page
7 Accounting Services Poised for 2015 Growth at the Robert Half Finance and Accounting Blog. I also ghostwrote for several other Robert Half blogs.
I’ve written and updated entries for a number of databases owned by Gale Cengage Learning, including the International Directory of Company Histories (IDCH), Encyclopedia of Emerging Industries (EEI), Encyclopedia of American Industries (EAI), and Encyclopedia of Global Industries (EGI). Here are three (long!) samples:
- The Downfall of Wachovia (case history)
- Cyber Forensics (written for the EEI)
- Wonga Group Limited (company history)
Forensic Accounting – I also wrote eight other long articles for the same website, including articles on government accounting, tax preparation, and tax accounting. I wrote this stockbroker article for a financial planning site owned by the same company; other articles for that site included estate planning, retirement planning, and life insurance producers who sell annuities. I also wrote for other sites owned by XYZ Media, including writing articles about nursing specialties and engineering disciplines. This work was ghostwriting.
Health and Wellness
I was a regular contributor to the health section of Angie’s List for about nine months. Here’s a sampling of articles:
- How do you choose the right gynecologic oncologist?
- How often should I get a chiropractic adjustment?
- Need new lenses? Check out these 5 options
- What is diverticulitis?
- Can hydroxy acids erase wrinkles on your skin?
I’ve also written dental articles for the Colgate website, including:
- How Treating Gum Disease Varies with Severity
- Facts About Diabetes and Dry Mouth
- Do Baby Growth Spurts Affect the Development of Teeth?
I wrote for the spa/massage industry at Spa Standard:
- The Myth of Massage, Lactic Acid, and Toxins
- Using Somatic Practices to Find Ease in Your Massage Practice
A long-form health-related sample: A Guide To Overcoming Addiction
I wrote numerous nursing-related articles (working with Academic Partnerships) used by universities to promote their online nursing degree programs. Here are two: What is a Legal Nurse Consultant? and What Is Evidence-Based Practice?
Pet-related posts published at Chewy.com:
Using Virtuoso Professional Development to Educate Advisors (for the travel company’s internal newsletter)
29 Things You Need To Know About Everett Before You Move There at the Movoto real estate blog
24 Hours In the Ballard Neighborhood of Seattle at Parachute. For Parachute/Mapquest, I also wrote some basic attraction descriptions, including Olympic Sculpture Park and Museum of History & Industry.