This page has four sections to help you find relevant samples:
Links are either to website where articles are published or to documents on Google Drive.
If you have questions about this work other work I’ve done, please contact me.
Health and Wellness
I was a regular contributor to the health section of Angie’s List for about nine months. Here’s a sampling of articles:
- How do you choose the right gynecologic oncologist?
- How often should I get a chiropractic adjustment?
- Need new lenses? Check out these 5 options
- What is diverticulitis?
- 4 tips to lower high cholesterol with lifestyle changes instead of medication
- Can hydroxy acids erase wrinkles on your skin?
I’ve also written dental articles for the Colgate website, including:
- How Treating Gum Disease Varies with Severity
- Facts About Diabetes and Dry Mouth
- Do Baby Growth Spurts Affect the Development of Teeth?
I’ve written for the spa/massage industry at Spa Standard:
- The Myth of Massage, Lactic Acid, and Toxins
- Deal or No Deal? Is Groupon, Living Social, or Another Deal Site Right For Your Business?
- 7 Tips For Creating a Massage or Skin Care Website That Attracts Clients
Two long-form health-related samples:
For five months I wrote a weekly feature and five shorter news briefs for the food industry trade website Food Dive. Here are some links:
- If artificial ingredients are out, what’s in for 2016?
- Look out soy, here come peas
- Inside cutting-edge protein alternatives — algae and insect
- Soylent: Is it violating CA Prop. 65?
- Millennials, foodies like it hot: Bring on the spicy
- Tasting fat: Are fatty acids ready for next level?
- Kerry Group: Health and wellness driving food ingredients industry
Since April 2014 I have written, but cannot make publicly available, a monthly food trend article for a food marketing research company. Ask me if you want more details.
Business, Finance, and Accounting
Credit Card Fees (written for a personal finance blog)
7 Accounting Services Poised for 2015 Growth at the Robert Half Finance and Accounting Blog. I have also ghostwritten for several other Robert Half blogs.
I’ve written and updated entries for a number of databases owned by Gale Cengage Learning, including the International Directory of Company Histories (IDCH), Encyclopedia of Emerging Industries (EEI), Encyclopedia of American Industries (EAI), and Encyclopedia of Global Industries (EGI). Here are three (long!) samples:
- The Downfall of Wachovia (case history)
- Cyber Forensics (written for the EEI)
- Wonga Group Limited (company history)
Forensic Accounting – I also wrote eight other long articles for the same website, including articles on government accounting, tax preparation, and tax accounting. I wrote this stockbroker article for a financial planning site owned by the same company; other articles for that site included estate planning, retirement planning, and life insurance producers who sell annuities. I also wrote for other sites owned by XYZ Media, including writing articles about nursing specialties and engineering disciplines. This work was ghostwriting.
Using Virtuoso Professional Development to Educate Advisors (for the travel company’s internal newsletter)
29 Things You Need To Know About Everett Before You Move There at the Movoto real estate blog
24 Hours In the Ballard Neighborhood of Seattle at Parachute. For Parachute/Mapquest, I also wrote some basic attraction descriptions, including Olympic Sculpture Park and Museum of History & Industry.