What are your rates?
I quote project rates once I know the details of what you want. To give you an idea of my rates, here’s a list of services I typically offer:
- Articles and blog posts: $250+ for 500 – 600 words; $450+ for 1,000+ words
- Ghostwritten article with your byline: Starts at $300 for 500 – 600 words
- Case study/customer success story: Starts at $600 for a one–page case study.
- White paper: Starts at $3,000 for 5 to 10 pages.
- Website copy: $250+ for a 500-word page
- Email, short general announcement: $200 – $400 each
- Email, long general announcement: $400 – $600 each
- Email newsletter article (500 – 750 words): $250 – $500
- Autoresponder email, single: $250 – $500
- Autoresponder email, series of 3: $600 – $1500
- Ghostwriting of ebooks and books: Custom quotes
I already have something written — can you edit it?
Basic copyediting starts at $45/hour.
Structural or technical editing starts at $55/hour.
I can quote flat rates for projects after reviewing a sample.
I need something written fast — can you help?
Sometimes I can take on rush jobs. The additional cost is 30% over my usual rates.
Do you do all the writing?
Yes. If that changes, I’ll let you know.
What if I don’t like what you write? Will you rewrite it?
All fees quoted include two rounds of revisions, provided (1) you contact me within two weeks of receiving the completed project and (2) revisions are not based on changes made in the direction, scope, or format of the assignment after I submit the project. All I ask is that you take the time to help me pinpoint where the writing is missing the mark and why it’s not right.
Do I need to pay a deposit? Do you take credit cards?
Upfront deposit of 1/3 to 1/2 the project cost required, along with a written and signed project agreement, to start the project. I usually invoice you using Paypal or Quickbooks Online (lets you pay by credit card or ACH). If you must mail a check, work begins when I deposit the check.
For jobs $500 and under, I require pre–payment in full.
Other terms: If you kill the project for any reason after I complete the writing, I receive full payment of agreed–on fee. If you kill the project during the writing process, I receive full payment for all hours invested up to that point.
Someone else quoted a lower rate. Will you match that price?
No. My rates are set at professional levels and are by no means the most expensive in the market. Hire the writer you think is right for your project.
How long do you take to do a project?
It depends on the project and my schedule. We’ll discuss time required upfront.
Who owns the writing?
It’s negotiable. Ghostwriting typically belongs to you, which is one reason it costs more than writing that has my byline.
I like this FAQ. Can you make one for me?
Yes. Website copy rates apply.
How do I get in touch?
Email me or call (425) 954-5459.