Links to my writing samples are either to the websites where the articles are published or to documents on Google Drive. If you have questions, please contact me.
Choose a topic you want to see:
I’ve had eight articles published in the trade journal New Nutrition Business:
- Chef targets growing grain-free market with cookies and mixes (June 2019) — Case study profile of Boulder Bake
- Prebiotic yacon root stars in snack bar (April 2019) — Profile of snack bar company Rowdy Bar
- Premium fresh bar brand building a new category (October 2018) — Profile of snack bar company Nomi
- Beyond the avocado: convenience key to Millennials’ fruit and veggie choices (September 2018)
“’Avocados are the official fruit of the Millennial,’ proclaims one internet headline. But are they really? Sales data reveals that the real avocado-lovers are older consumers – and that Millennials’ actual buying habits when it comes to fresh produce defy the stereotypes.”
- Taste fuels growth for Iconic’s clean, low-sugar protein drinks (June 2018)
- Meal delivery service the first to cater to low-FODMAP diet (March 2018)
- Delighted By Hummus creates new category of hummus (February 2018)
- High-fat snacks pioneer a new category (January 2018)
Since December 2018 I’ve written for Food Industry Executive. Here are a few articles:
- Upcycling: Companies Giving New Life to Food Byproducts
- Attracting More Young People to the Food Industry
- Winter Fancy Food Show Offers Up Options from Cheese to Vegan Jerky
- 6 Mega Trends from the 2019 Food Trend Predictions
- Generation Z: Diverse, Connected, and Set to Change the Food Industry
- 2019 Food Packaging Trends: Clean Packaging
For five months I wrote a weekly feature and five shorter news briefs for the food industry trade website Food Dive. Here are some links:
- If artificial ingredients are out, what’s in for 2016?
- Look out soy, here come peas
- Inside cutting-edge protein alternatives — algae and insect
- Tasting fat: Are fatty acids ready for next level?
- Kerry Group: Health and wellness driving food ingredients industry
Brand content for bakery ingredient supplier Dawn Foods:
- How Bakery Businesses Can Prepare for Changes to Nutrition Facts Labels
- How to Adapt Packaging for On-the-Go Consumers
- How Baked Goods Manufacturers Can Meet the Demand for Transparency
From April 2014 to December 2019, I wrote, but cannot make publicly available, a monthly food trend article for a major food marketing research company. Ask me if you want more details.
Health and Wellness
I was a regular contributor to the health section of Angie’s List for about nine months. Here’s a sampling of articles:
- How do you choose the right gynecologic oncologist?
- How often should I get a chiropractic adjustment?
- Need new lenses? Check out these 5 options
- What is diverticulitis?
- Can hydroxy acids erase wrinkles on your skin?
I’ve also written dental articles for the Colgate website, including:
- How Treating Gum Disease Varies with Severity
- Facts About Diabetes and Dry Mouth
- Do Baby Growth Spurts Affect the Development of Teeth?
I wrote for the spa/massage industry trade at Spa Standard:
- The Myth of Massage, Lactic Acid, and Toxins
- Using Somatic Practices to Find Ease in Your Massage Practice
A long-form health-related sample: A Guide To Overcoming Addiction
I wrote numerous nursing-related articles (working with Academic Partnerships) used by universities to promote their online nursing degree programs. Here are two: What is a Legal Nurse Consultant? and What Is Evidence-Based Practice?
Small business-related posts published at Lendio.com:
- How Many Federal Reserve Rate Increases Can We Expect In 2018?
- Women-Only Coworking Spaces Are Popping Up Everywhere
- Work-Life Balance Mistakes to Stop Making In 2018
- See more on my Lendio Author Page
Using Virtuoso Professional Development to Educate Advisors (for the travel company’s internal supplier newsletter)
7 Accounting Services Poised for 2015 Growth at the Robert Half Finance and Accounting Blog. I also ghostwrote for several other Robert Half blogs.
I’ve written and updated entries for a number of databases owned by Gale Cengage Learning, including the International Directory of Company Histories (IDCH), Encyclopedia of Emerging Industries (EEI), Encyclopedia of American Industries (EAI), and Encyclopedia of Global Industries (EGI). Here are three (long!) academic-style samples:
- The Downfall of Wachovia (case history)
- Cyber Forensics (written for the EEI)
- Wonga Group Limited (company history)